Why Bother with Dog Training?
1. A well-trained dog is a delight to have and be around.
2. A well-trained dog is safe around people and other pets
3. A well-trained dog is safe off-leash!
4. A well-trained dog doesn’t soil the house
5. A well-trained dog heeds your commands
6. A well-trained dog spends more time with his family and thus is happier!
7. A dog that is trained will not be a financial drain on your pocket!
A Dog Without Training Is An Unhappy Dog!
Let’s be honest who wants to be around an untrained dog. At best you untrained dog is going to put his muddy paws all over your guests and mess up your home. At worst that untrained dog of yours is going to be the neighborhood menace!
Most dogs that are relegated to overdose on alone-time in their kennel are dogs that the owners do not want around. Such owners have thrown in the towel and find it far easier to keep their once-upon-a-time cute puppy and now big-bad-boisterous dog out-of-sight and out-of-mind rather than cope with the growing list of disasters associated with their pet. Such disasters may include:
- Fighting with other dogs when taken on walks
- Jumping on and soiling guests
- Making messes all over you house
- Chasing and biting the postman
- Dangerous behavior around children
Dogs are social creatures who need to be around and interact with their pack (in modern society that means their human family) if they are to remain mentally balanced and healthy.
But unfortunately most people don’t want to be around a dog that constitutes a nuisance so rather than cope with their “outta-control furry menace” they’d rather relegate it to prolonged periods in its kennel (before admitting complete defeat and abandoning the dog to a shelter).
Article on dog training written by Kayye Nynne